About the project
Design of growth models working for countries with non-marginal poverty headcount ratios. Empirical testing of impacts that net investment, FDI/ODA, trade, technological progress and labour regulation bring about for job creation and poverty reduction.
Eradicating Poverty: Pathways towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
(MSCA-EJD ADAPTED: 2021-24, Coordinator: Löwenstein)
Early Stage Researcher’s projects of the Chair within the EJD ADAPTED:
- The effect of foreign direct investment and official development assistance on job creation and poverty reduction
- The effects of governmentally enforced minimum wages on formal sector employment
- Mining and Poverty – A focus on artisanal mining and on CSR in industrial mining
- Labour regulation and economic performance in SSA
- Costs/benefits of climate policies in the context of informal economies
Other ongoing research:
- Dynamics of growth and poverty reduction
- Trade, job creation and poverty reduction
- Does fragmentation of labour markets in SSA undermine democratic governance?