Possible in the winter and in the summer semester
- Via the Ruhr-Universtität Bochum
- Is also possible with a Transcript of Record (min. 150 ECTS)
- Summer semester: January 15
- Winter semester: July 15
- Transcript of Record deadline: January 21 (summer) or July 21 (winter)
- Summer semester: March 15
- Winter semester: September 15
- Bachelor degree in economics and/or management with a total of 180 ECTS
- 25 ECTS from the field of business administration
- 15 ECTS from the field of mathematics/statistics
Selection interview and written test
- 30-minute interview including a case study
- Tests for professional aptitude, motivation and independence
- 49% of the result is included in the admission ranking (Bachelor’s grade 51%)
- The binding dates can be found on the homepage of the Sales and Management Department
- The study program is free of charge except for the regular university social contribution.
- The study program is admission restricted
- Study places are allocated via a separate practical procedure, which we conduct together with top managers from companies. Here, your professional aptitude, motivation and independence are tested in a written test and a selection interview.
- For the coming semester (summer semester 2021), the selection procedure took place on
- Friday, February 05, 2021
- Interview dates are mandatory, no alternative or substitute dates can be offered!
Information about the study program
… is German (and English)
The four-semester master program consists of several subject blocks. In the first to third semesters, comprehensive knowledge of sales management is taught, taking into account industry specifics such as the B2B sector. Central contents include negotiation management, self-expression management and sales force digitalization. At the same time, students are taught scientific principles as well as the theories and methods of marketing and sales research. The curriculum is supplemented by an elective area with around 100 modules, including psychology and business administration. The curriculum includes an 8-week internship and a 2-week research internship. The master’s thesis is completed in the fourth semester.
Detailed information on the individual modules of the Sales Management Master can be found on the module overview page.
- Great freedom in the choice of modules
- International Summer & Spring School
- Compulsory internship (duration: 8 weeks)
- The possibility of a semester abroad (worldwide)
Cooperation partners of the master program Sales Management are:
- University of Notre Dame (U.S.A.)
- Loughborough University (U.K.)
- Universität St.Gallen (Switzerland)
- University of Lugano (Switzerland)
The Faculty of Management and Economics additionally has about 20 partner universities in Europe and overseas.
With a master degree in Sales Management, you can earn a doctorate.
If you have any questions about this degree programme, please contact the appropriate representative at any given time: