The master program in Management & Economics represents the integrative approach known as the “Bochum Model”, which combines the fields of management and economics. Taking into account the requirements of the professional world, it imparts deep future-oriented specialist knowledge and skills in selected areas of economics. In doing so, students benefit from the combined expertise of all five of the faculty’s fields of competence and can acquire knowledge that is particularly beneficial where competencies from different subfields of economics are needed simultaneously. The program focuses on international research and includes interdisciplinary skills for conducting and presenting scientific analyses and also for personal development. A wide range of practical contacts and a high level of practical relevance in teaching provide optimal preparation for starting a career.
Possible in the winter and in the summer semester
- Via the Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Is also possible with a Transcript of Records (min. 150 ECTS)
- Summer semester: January 15
- Winter semester: July 15
- Transcript of Records deadline: January 21 (summer) or July (winter
- Summer semester: March 15
- Winter semester: September 15
- Bachelor degree in economics and/or management with a total of 180 ECTS
- 40 ECTS from the field of management
- 30 ECTS from the field of economics
- 15 ECTS from the field of mathematics/statistics
- Proof of English language skills of at least level B2, as evidenced by the German Abitur certificate, completion of a purely English-language Bachelor’s degree programme or by international examinations (TOEFL internet-based 87 points or equivalent)
International applicants: Proof of German language skills of at least level B2/C1. Information about which proof of language proficiency is accepted at RUB can be found here: https://studium.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/application-international-prospective-students
Is required for enrollment after receipt of admission. For this purpose, please contact the Student Advisory Service.
- The study program is free of charge except for the regular university social contribution.
- The study program is admission restricted.
Information about the study program
… is German (and English)
With a master degree in Management & Economics, you can pursue a doctorate.
If you have general questions about this degree programme, please contact the Student Advisory Service:
Dipl.-Ök. Michèle Lorraine Teufel
Beauftragte für Studienangelegenheiten
Phone: 0234 3222687
Kim Docter, M.A.
Phone: 0234 3222762
Room: GD 03/229
Here you will find the office hours of the Student Advisory Service; office hours are currently by appointment only (by phone or email).
WHO DOES IT SUIT?
Those who would like to study this degree program,
- bachelor degree with an economic and/or managerial background
- good English language skills
- economic issues from car export to the design of the tax system.
- the mathematical and statistical foundations of modern economics.
graduates of the following subjects
- Management & Economics, B.Sc.
- Comparable courses of study
- as a tax consultant/management consultant/auditor
- in companies
- in political consulting
- in economic research